002 – Finding Time for Instructional Tech
Instructional Tech Talk – Episode 002 – January 2, 2013
1. Professional Development
ClassTechTips.com - Created by Monica Burns, this website features great tech tips for any classroom. Monica also offers sessions through SimpleK12 that are great.
Here are the upcoming sessions:
- iPad apps that Facilitate student collaboration
- Presentation tools to energize faculty meetings
- Customize data collection tools using google forms
2. Website Spotlight – PurposeGames
For detailed info about PurposeGames, see my post here.
3. Listener Questions
How can I convert a .wps file to .doc?
Head over to http://www.zamzar.com and follow the steps.
1. Select the document you want to convert.
2. Choose the new file type (likely doc or docx).
3. Enter your email address to be sent the file (no spam, don’t worry).
4. Click convert.
Within minutes you will receive an email with the file, converted to the desired format.
Announcements and Links:
TeacherCast iPad for Beginners Course
App Store Gift Card Giveaway
The Gift Card Giveaway lasts until January 5, 2013 – see the link below for info.
Next week’s Interview:
Sam Patterson – Livescribe Pens in the Classroom
Subscribe to the show on iTunes
The show is now in iTunes, please check it out and subscribe today!